Everything Is review by Nine Black Alps

• Released: Jun 13, 2005
Nine Black Alps: Everything Is

A great Canadian band, really like their sound. Good rock band yet elements of a new sound, though Nirvana-esque. Not that thats a bad thing, their a great band to look upto. I found the album very listenable, three-four times a day sometimes. Can really get into it. Some straight forward rock songs, with two slow tunes thrown in. Good band, great album, potential in the band. I'd say a 4 only for the fact that people will comment about the Nirvana-esque sound.

I think they did a great job with the lyrics on the album. Somewhat distorted yet very engageable (If that's even a word). I found the lyrics to very relative to both the slow songs, "Behind Your Eyes" and "Intermission." The like the lyrics to "Get Your Guns" and I think he compliments them very well with the way he sings them. Overall very good lyrics for a young band on their first album.

The Nirvana-esque sound of the band doesn't put me off listening to the album and I didn't find that it bared that much resemblance to Nirvana's "Nevermind." "Get Your Guns" and "Not Everyone" are my favourite songs and the album. "Just Friends" and "Intermission" are really good songs too. Overall I think this a great album from a band with alot of potential. I would definetly buy the album again if it was lost or stolen and I would definetly recommend it. Great album.