Everything Is review by Nine Black Alps

• Released: Jun 13, 2005
Nine Black Alps: Everything Is

The bands sound can only be described as amazing and different. Its changes from track-to-track, but sustains the various emotions. The guitar riffs are catchy and heavy, and never tire. Personally, I am not hearing the connection with Nirvana, and would say the band are more like Black Sabbath, with the mish-mash of chords, that really shoudln't work together, but somehow do. Having bought the CD a year ago, I still listen to it often, and feel the tracks are as fresh and catchy and when I first listened. From the opening 'Get Your Guns' to the ending 'Southern Cross' we hear punk, indie, pop and grunge fused together to create something truly brilliant. The album would not be complete without two accoustic tracks 'Behind Your Eyes' and 'Intermission', both beautifully performed.

The lyrics are abstract, yet to the point, violently sung by singer Sam Forsett. The lyrics fit the music perfectly and are sung with beauty and agression.

Still as amazing as the day I bought it, I am yet to find another band quite like Nine Black Alps. I would recomend to all my friends, and cannot wait for the band to release there second album. Highlights for me are singles 'Not Everyone' and 'Unsatisfied' and also album track 'Behind Your Eyes'.

flashfunk
    WTF? canadian? you joke. great band though, manchester rocks! coodos coodos
    alex2201
    saw them at reading festival and they were amazing! I hadn't even hear of them but now i'm obsessed.