Everything Is review by Nine Black Alps

• Released: Jun 13, 2005
Nine Black Alps: Everything Is

I found the album very engaging musically. A diverse mix of indie into hard rock rhythm's.There is at least one song where the Nirvana thing shines through but on the whole I found it far clearer and energetic than Seattle's finest. The solo's are in a similar vein, being quite simple themselves. The acoustic songs, sound like Neil Young mixed with The Beatles. His driving rhythm, their otherworldly melodies.

the lyrics fit the songs perfectly and all have a very poetic ring to them. Songs about class, war, love, all are featured and they gel well with the music. On "Intermission", the lyrics never distort the gorgeous melodies and yet shine through. A well written record for sure. Sam Forrest is from Manchester, but there's no trace of Gallagher sleaze here. And even though there's an American influence, he never succumbs to the temptation. A unique vocal accent, and one that can hit all the right notes.

To be honest, I really don't have a negative thing to say. This is a classic dbut and is irreplaceable in my vast record collection. Every tracks a winner and in a scene of generic indie bands, Nine Black Alps stand out as themselves. A bright future by the looks of things.