Beside You In Time [DVD] review by Nine Inch Nails

• Released: Feb 27, 2007
  • Content: 10
  • Production Quality: 9
Nine Inch Nails: Beside You In Time [DVD]

If your reading this, you already know NIN is one of the best bands around and you probably also know that Trent Reznor is one of the few frontmen that can give you a concert worth viewing everytime he's on stage. Trent's vocals are fantastic and powerful. The biggest differences between this and the AATCHB DVD are the quality of the film itself and more guitars (trust me, it's awesome). The sound effects are superb. Pay close attention to "Hurt" as it is played on a piano and sounds great.

Content — 10
This DVD has 24 concert performances, 19 from the winter 06 tour, 5 from the summer 06 tour. The setlist is great with the exception of a few really great songs missing (Starf--kers, Reptile, Sin). There are two music videos and two rehersal videos under the bonus menu. I've yet to find any hidden tracks, but knowing NIN, I'll find them soon. My favorite aspect is the lighting and feel of the concert.

Production Quality — 9
It isn't the best concert DVD ever made, but it is still better than your average rock/metal concert. The production is good in nearly every field and the mixing is exceptionally well. The stage decor is great and gives a genuine feel of getting bang for your buck. Production Quality is very good.

This is by far one of the best concert DVDs I've ever seen (and that's saying something). The most impressive thing on the DVD itself is probably the arangement and lighting during the concert. All I disliked was the few good songs that were missing. If I lost it I'd replace it for sure. If somebody stole it it would be a cold day in hell before they ever stole anything again.

brantlymurphy
    I went to that concert in Oct. of 05. And I bought The DVD on the day it came out.... Amazing....