Beside You In Time [DVD] review by Nine Inch Nails

• Released: Feb 27, 2007
  • Content: 9
  • Production Quality: 9
Nine Inch Nails: Beside You In Time [DVD]

This is NIN's second live DVD, filmed on the With Teeth tour for the album of the same bame in 2006. The main feature is a combination of songs from two shows from that tour. The songs are mainly from the With Teeth album, but many of the band's popular live songs are included, such as 'Closer', 'Wish' and 'Head Like A Hole'. The songs sre sometimes complimented by a selection of videos projected onto a special curtain that falls between the band and the audience, breath-taking stuff.

Content — 9
As previously mentioned, the set is made up of two shows that were recorded on the With Teeth Tour in 2006 (These were in Oklahoma and El Paso). The set is full of classics that spans the band's career (Not including latest release Year Zero.). The only slight criticism of the set is that there is only one track present from 1999's The Fragile. With so many great tracks to choose from here, this is a little disapointing, although by the end of the main feature you probably won't care as much, because the songs that they do play mostly make up for this with some amazing renditions of classics and newer songs alike. Set: 01. Love Is Not Enough 02. You Know What You Are? 03. Terrible Lie 04. The Line Begins To Blur 05. March Of The Pigs 06. Something I Can Never Have 07. Closer 08. Burn 09. Gave Up 10. Eraser 11. Right Where It Belongs 12. Beside You In Time 13. With Teeth 14. Wish 15. Only 16. The Big Come Down 17. Hurt 18. The Hand That Feeds 19. Head Like A Hole The DVD also includes some extra footage from the Summer 2006 leg of the tour: Somewhat Damaged, Closer, Help Me I Am In Hell, Non Entity, Only. Music videos: The Hand That Feeds, Only and even some rehearsal songs thrown in for good measure! As you can see the DVD offers a good amount of material, although no interviews with any members of the band unfortunately. Rehearsals: Every Day Is Exactly The Same, The Collecter, Love Is Not Enough.

Production Quality — 9
The concert was filmed in high definition so the lok of it is pretty stunning at most times, especially when the projections are displayed for some songs. Each band member gets plenty of camera time, although obviously Trent dominates. As far as sound goes, I don't think it could have been much better. I love the sound of Jeordie's booming bass, and Josh Freese's killer drumming. Occasionally the recorded samples get a little lost amongst other sounds, but other than that the sounds production is spot on, a real treat to listen to.

OK so conclusion time. If you are a Nine Inch Nails fan, you really should have this DVD. It's a spectacular collection of songs from each of the band's highly successful albums, recorded brilliantly and edited well. It's very watchable, and I think it may be one of my all time favourite music DVDs. Some of my favourite moments include the haunting 'Something I Can Never Have', an amazing 'Only', brilliant versions of 'Right Where It Belongs' and 'Hurt' along with the mindless stage destruction of 'Head Like A Hole'. Actually, it's all brilliant. So what you waiting for, go buy it! Thanks for reading.

pinheadslts75
    Why did none of these reviews mention Eraser? Not only did one of the two most under appreciated songs on The Downward Spiral get played in a concert from within the last two years, It had amazing delivery and the best use of the stage screen throughout the whole DVD.