Ghosts I-IV review by Nine Inch Nails

• Released: Mar 2, 2008
Nine Inch Nails: Ghosts I-IV

Nine Inch Nails really took a leap in this album, aside from their more general music. I think they really did a great job with each and every one of these songs, as each one leaves you with a different effect, as you're sitting there, thinking, "I can't comprehend this. It was just amazing." It's almost indescribable. NIN used strange music styles in this album. There was some rock, and the ability to mix acid rock with a creepy and lonely feeling is rare, but they did it! I was very impressed with all the effects this album gave off. Every song represents the same feeling, but to a different extent and with greater quality.

Although there weren't any lyrics for me to rate, I'd like to say that they made the right the choice in making these songs instrumental. I believe the fact that there aren't any lyrics is what makes the whole album what it is. There isn't much they could put for lyrics anyway.

Overall, Ghosts I-IV doesn't compare to other albums, as it almost manipulates your feelings and makes you feel lonely and strange. No other album I've ever listened to have made me feel like that, or made me think so strongly of a particular subject. I was very impressed with just that alone. I think the two most impressive songs on the album were the eighth, because it can mix acid rock with a peculiar feeling that sticks with you, and definitely the ninth song. The ninth song just blew me away, as mild as it is. It's the perfect song, and again, it just leaves you with a strange feeling of loneliness. It is one of my favorite songs, and Ghosts I-IV is my favorite album.

Mainer
    BlisteringDDj wrote: I enjoyed this album =)
    really? I despise this album, I like NIN, but this sucked