The Fragile review by Nine Inch Nails

• Released: Sep 21, 1999
Nine Inch Nails: The Fragile

Well this I belive is NIN best album so far, it's the perfect blend between old and new Nine Inch. This album opens great with a simple riff and then just blows you away with a wide array of effects, lyrics and amazingly creative guitar riffs to complete the sound.

Trent Reznor is on a roll for the lyrics of The Fragile. At times the lyrics seem forced and a bit off but a majority of the time he is feeding great lyrics and showing amazing control of voice while still keeping his signature sound. While it doesnt't show Trent to his full potential, like you might hear on Non-entity, it give a lot of soul to the music and give the album a personality.

This is my favorite album ever, although it has a few faults (like the feeling of forced lyrics) it's an otherwise solid piece of work. It is one of the few albums that you can listen to the whole way through and enjoy every minute of it. One of the most impressive songs on the album is "We Are In This Together Now" opens simply and closes on a brilliant note. If I lost this album I would go out in an instant and buy another copy. To me it would be worth it.

nin_freak92
    NIN 4 Life.....hell.....look at my screename....i'm obsessed with NIN and Trent's work.....someone give me money so i can start collecting tons of NIN shit
    saulhudsonslash
    its a good cd, but if youre such a nine inch nails freak you'll use your OWN money cuz you want the stuff so bad, so in the process youre not a fanatic.
    Draft Morning
    'The Fragile' is okay. I listened to it about every day for year when it first came out in '99. I just wish Trent had focused all of his best material for one phenomenal disc, or did what Radiohead did and release them seperate. It's not the best NIN record--that honor belongs to "Downward Spiral".
    Pr0az
    Released: Sep 21, 1999....this review came a little late .
    Pennywise33
    This is and "spiral" are tied for best NIN album. Broken, however, is right behind these two.
    hellblazer_666
    Draft Morning It's not the best NIN record--that honor belongs to "Downward Spiral". Amen... The Fragile was overproduced and while it has alot of great songs on it as a whole it is my least favorite NIN album The Downward Spiral has been Reznor's greatest work followed shortly by PHM and Broken. Of course nothing by NIN is bad so this album is still awesome.