With Teeth review by Nine Inch Nails

• Released: May 3, 2005
Nine Inch Nails: With Teeth

NIN still creates one of the more original sounds in the mainstream of music today. This album contains everything from guitars, Dave Grohl on drums, synths, piano, tambourine, to Reznor recreating himself with a different and fresh style of singing. Reznor creates a dark opus that confronts and sometimes jokes about his past drug addiction. It sounds glum at times, but there is a continuous optimism throughout it all.

With Teeth has more lyrics than most of the previous NIN releases. They aren't hidden behind a wall of noise anymore this time around either, due to Reznor's new confidence in himself. The lyrics convey deep and inspirational lyrics.

You definitely can't run out and explain this album to friends by comparing this to other artists besides NIN. Even that can be a little difficult with the originality that this brings forth. I would say that the highlights for me are "Every Day Is Exactly The Same," "Only," "Sunspots," and "Right Where It Belongs," but I love every song. I bought two copies of this cd, so I can enjoy the high quality of surround sound and have a regular version for every day listening, to prevent damage to the dual disc.