With Teeth review by Nine Inch Nails

• Released: May 3, 2005
Nine Inch Nails: With Teeth

Very well orchestrated album comparable to the Fragile. I am a big fan of Nine Inch Nails. Downward Spiral, contrary to most people's views, is not my favorite album. I tied between Fragile and With Teeth because the orchestration and amount of listenable songs. The simple keyboard work on the last song of the album combined with the different segments of the song pull together pretty great. Overall, it's a well orchestrated album with great musicians.

The lyrics are better than Pretty Hate Machine but equal to the rest. He's not crying about "His self confidence" or "Tripped on the tears I (he) cried." The Fragile had a pretty good show case of his lyrics in my opinion. One criticism of Trent's lyrics is that he starts out "I" this, "I" that... Very introspective but if any of his albums have unity it would be his self obsession into his speudo depression. But I love it, it appeals to my inner teenage angst (I'm really 22 years old).

If you like industrial rock played by people who know how to play their instruments and the impression of a concept of music theory, check this band and album out.

Vos
    I like this cd alot...I have the Downward Spiral and this one and I definatly like this one better.
    Ely Rosetta
    DaBlackE
    Ely Rosetta wrote: if you say great albums like Pretty Hate Machine and Th Fragile but not Downward spriral, then you dont know what your talking about. Shut up DaBlackE.
    Waaah I mentioned 2 albums instead 3 Shut up Rosetta
    bassplayer496
    Vos, I strongly disagree with you. I think downward spiral is BY FAR the best NIN album. This one isn't bad, but it's probably their most dissapointing. And I agree with DeBlackE on the fact with Trent doing all the instruments himself. If you want to get a NIN album, get the downward spiral. ~Love, Dallas~
    fenderguy746
    With Teeth is a decent album but because it came from NIN we expect more with Trents past work. But I highly doubt we will ever recieve the same quality of music of Trents past career for the simple fact that trent has lost his inspiration. He's "sober" as far as we know and his addiction played a huge part in TDS and The Fragile. Hopefully his next album will be better Then with teeth
    DaBlackE
    What is wrong with you people?! This is the worst, sorriest excuse for a NIN album I've ever heard! It starts with & ends with good songs but after the 1st song you got 11 shitty ones! There's barely any gutairs on this album! And as Zakk Wylde once said,"You got that douchebag only cuz he played drums for Shitvana" What the hell is Dave Grohl doing playing drums on a NIN album? What happened to the Trent Reznor that would play, write & record all the instruments on his albums? Even with 5 years off & a new found sobriety there's no excuse for the crappiness of this album after brilliant albums like The Fragile & Pretty Hate Machine! What happened to those instrumentals? I just dont understand how NIN & their producers & management listened back to this & said "This is cool" "Let's release this!" I've loved NIN for years and I've tried, I've really tried to listen & enjoy this but 11 crappy songs outta 13 just dont cut it!!