Bleach review by Nirvana

• Released: Jun 1, 1989
Nirvana: Bleach

The sound quality is pretty crude, but hey, it's their first album. And it's with under subpop so you know it'll be anything but maistream. Anyways it still would sound cool to any hardcore nirvana fan, mostly if you like heavyer and more grungy sound. The low quality of the album sort of defines Nirvana and the philosofies of Kurt Cobain (basically he wasn't a perfectionist and kinda liked to focus on more important things) plus the way the drums sound on the album set it appart from any other you'll buy.

I personally think the lyrics are just as stong and important if not more so than of the other Nirvana cd's. It's definitivaley different from the others in that it doesn't hit home with teenager as much as the album is about Kurt/life experiences. For example, "Mr. moustach" witch talks about his dislike for the macho stereotype. And "About a girl" witch focuses on his relationsip. Oh yeah and he also focuses on world/political issues.That would be his punk rock side comming out.

For the most part I really like the album. It's my fav out of all the Nirvana recordings. That would be my reason for taking the time to post up a review. I want to encourage you people to buy it. But if you are just getting into the band then i suggest something like Nevermind of Unplugged first, but if you like punk and metal and already are into Nirvana but their just not one of your favorite bands i suggest it. Listening to it might change your oppinion for the better(that's what happened in my case). Out of all 13 tracks(if you include"big cheese") every one is good with the exeption of "love buzz" witch Nirvana didnt even write. My personnal favorite songs are Negative creep, Paper cuts, and Floy the barber.