Bleach review by Nirvana

• Released: Jun 1, 1989
Nirvana: Bleach

This album is deffinately Nirvana's pure Grunge energy. with demented songs such as "Floyd The Barber" and "Paper Cuts" to the random and off the wall songs like "Blew" and "School", the album has everything. Love songs, demented lyrics, heavy riffs, improvised solos, it just has it all. In my opinion, the album was set up really nicely, and this album features the best drumming I've heard out of Chad Channing compared to other stuff he's done on with the lights out and such.

Well, if you know Nirvana, then you know what Cobain is all about. Heart felt, sarcastic, metaphoric. all of those could be used to describe his lyrics. some songs however were repeatitive such as "School" and "Blew", but the lyrics were still impressive. "School" it litterally just "Won't you believe it, it's just my luck (x4), no recess (x3)" and it's all repeated again. "Blew" is the same way. Using the verse and chorus and repeating it over again.

If I were to make a top three Nirvana albums chart. "Bleach" would have to come in at three. I enjoy this album, but "In Utero" just seemed like it was the most heart felt, "Nevermind" was an almost pefect mix, and "Bleach" just mezmerizes your mind. If your looking for their raw energy, either buy "Bleach" or "Muddy Banks", either one will show off exactly what you are looking for.

james86
    I think this what people didnt know this is such a great album from nirvana but i wish chad channing is not the drummer of this album because it sounds pathetic to be honest, i wished they hired another drummer from the melvins