From The Muddy Banks Of The Wishkah review by Nirvana

• Released: Oct 1, 1996
Nirvana: From The Muddy Banks Of The Wishkah

Wow. Kurt Cobain shoulda heard how well he could play live. It so god damn awesome. Every distortion he uses is rite,except for the clean intro to "Drain You". They tear through classics such as "Blew, Scentless Aprrentice, Breed, Lithium, Sliver and Teen Spirit" Though Kurt could never get the intro rite in the studio for " Teen Spirit" the chorus is underwhelming. Kurt gets quite physical in the solo to "Teen Spirt", though you cant see it. you can feel it. THIS has an excellent sound. Krist's thumping bass is amazing.Theres nuthing to it. Its friggen amazing. they had 2 different drummers on this album Chad Channing on "Breed" and "Polly" and Dave on the rest. Chad is very underwhelming(but hes in 2 songs so who gives)Dave GRohl is flat out an amazing drummer. If he was doing "Breed" it would have been better.

The lyrics, well I can't say much about them because it was live. Nirvanas lyrics area always good but, Kurt's voice sounded hoarse through every song, except "Been a Son," "Blew". On "Sliver" it sounds like hes singin with a cigarette in his mouth, for Verse 1 with only bass. Kurts singing skill is underwhelming

I would compare this too "Incesticide" bcuz theres one song i dont liek Drain You on Muddy Banks and Mollys Lips ion Incesticide, but hell this is at least x10 as good as any Blink-182 album.if this were stolen, I would do anything i could to get it back, if there was a reserved copy at a CD storeid pay them $30 plus the original price, its worth it.I simply luv everything on this album except for "Drain You" Kurts singing iss so off and theres this weird chorus effect.