From The Muddy Banks Of The Wishkah review by Nirvana

• Released: Oct 1, 1996
Nirvana: From The Muddy Banks Of The Wishkah

The sound quality of this album is fairly good, considering it is a compilation of live songs, from a band known for making a lot noise. Over all though it kicks ass. Some songs are actually better than studio albums, they tend to have more energy, which i love. Songs like Polly, are different adn i like this version better than the acuostic on nevermind and unplugged. The song Tourettes can really get blood pumping and Teen Spirit, Drain You, Sliver, adn Lithium all have more of an impact, to name a few. The intro really adds to realism too. But at the last 4 tracks, you get more feedback and treble from hot miks.

Well, any nirvana fan appreciates all of Kurts lyrics. Tourettes though, you can't really tell what he's saying. But this is a live CD so dont expect it to be crystal clear, its just what Nirvana sounds like live. Kurts lyrics always move me, so i liked them.

Well, this album was put together after Kurts death, so its not anything new. Polly, Aneurysms, Heart Shaped Box, Lithium, and Drain You are my favorites on the CD. I just love the fact that this is a CD made to capture a band that sounded pretty much the same in the studio as they did on stage. The fact that it has 17 songs doesnt hurt either. I dont hate anything about the album. This was actually my first Nirvana CD,(yes because it had Teen Spirit), and it was made before the "Best Of" came out, so I would definitely buy it if it was lost or something. But i have to say, if you never could get to see Nirvana live, like me (i became a fan when i was about 9, a few year after Kurts death) then definitely pick this album up. If i'm not mistaken, Krist Novelselich put it together, so it does ( i hope) capture the essence of the band. Buy this album, then crank it up and hope your ears ring afterward... and i cant believe that it hasn't been reveiwed before.