In Utero review by Nirvana

• Released: Sep 21, 1993
Nirvana: In Utero

My impressions of the sound and music is that the riffs are very good and catchy yet very simple showing Kurt Cobains guitar talents. Nirvana and Kurt Cobain himself have a very individual type of music and they stand out alot. Most people recognise Nirvana very easily which i find very good. This is there album that followed-up the huge mainstream album "Nevermind" it wasnt near twice as succsesfull but I think it's more Grungey and better guitar riffs. Stand out tracks for this column: Serve The Servents, All Apologise.

We all know Kurt cobain wasn't a lyrical geniouse but I feel that the lyrics on this were very good. I think and Heart shaped box has great lyrics with a meaning. On this record Kurt write more deeper meaning lyrics than that off Nevermind or any other album he produced before his death. Stand out tracks for this column: Heart Shaped Box,Rape Me.

This is my favourite Nirvana album and one of my favourite all time albums. It's more emotional and grungey and better riffs. If I lost this CD I would definatley replace it. I recommend this CD if you havent got it.