In Utero review by Nirvana

• Released: Sep 24, 2013
Nirvana: In Utero

Personally, I think that this is the best album Nirvana put out. The sound is very raw and angry and more like Bleach than Nevermind. It's very intense in some songs (eg. Scentless Apprentice) and then Kurt slows it down and croons out ballads like Dumb. Overall, the sound is just great.

These lyrics can be described by only one word. Amazing. Kurt had such talent for writing lyrics. This is the only album that I know of that can make feel sad and depressed (in a good way sorta) and then really fuckin pissed off at the people in Kurts life in one album. Kurt also has an amazing voice. It's scratchy and throaty but at the same time melodious and nice. No one will ever be able to sing the way Kurt did.

Overall, I think this is the best album I own (and I own alot). Probably the best songs on this album would be "Serve The Servants", "Dumb", and "Pennyroyal Tea". If this album was stolen, I'd go out right away and buy 5 more. 2 to replace and insure the one that got stolen, one to beat the guy who stole it down with, one to give to him and then one more to give to his family that way they could be enlightened to the best album ever created.