In Utero review by Nirvana

• Released: Sep 21, 1993
Nirvana: In Utero

I have listened to Nevermind before, this is different. But in a very good way. Apparently this album is a well known turning point for Nirvana as they chose to divide their fan-base between the real and posers. I can say I love Nevermind equally as much as In Utero. The music on this album is well thought out, and more of a hard-grunge style, I cant explain it any better you have to listen for youself.

Lyrics, amazing. Kury Cobain has an eerie way of throwing together songs that seem to have to much meaning and passion, and usually are just a bunch of thoughts and sentences he kept with him. My favourite example of weird lyrics is the track Milk It, where he screams 'Test meat, dolls steak'. What does it mean everyone always asks, I don't know, I don't care, I love it. Siger skills - top notch.

Ok, I really have only gotten into the rock music scene since I started playing guitar. I was 5 years old when this album came out, and have just heard it this year for the very first time. What I'm saying is it doesnt matter when you listen to this album be it the day it came out, today or 15 years from now, it will always be good. Most Nirvana fans will praise this album for being a dividing line between fans, it's not radio friendly, but it's amazing.