In Utero review by Nirvana

• Released: Sep 24, 2013
Nirvana: In Utero

Nirvana the grunge kings. This album is a bit of mixture of heavy grunge and soft grunge, but you cant help thinking some of the heavy stuff really should have been left off. The sound on this album is amzing I really enjoy listening to this album time and time again, it's got everything really you would want from grunge from the soft grunge stuff (Heart-Shaped box, All Apoligies) to the normal grunge (Frances Farmer Will Have Her Revenge, Serve The Servants) to the hardcore stuff I suppose (Tourettes, Radio Friendly Unit Shifter) and everything in between.

I actually quite like kurts singing on this album, it almost normal and nice to listen to and the melody and everything fits in very well, it just leaves you think that this band could have gone onto to even better and bigger things. Anyway the lyrics, there really is a song for all moods on this album, theres deinetly a lot of angst involvded anyway in the first two songs, in rape me its about the pressures of life in the music business and then theres stuff about his daughter aswell, all in all on the lyric writing and singing side a big improvement from previous records, infact it almost makes sense.

This is a great album that I would definetly recommend buying, not an essential album you must have unless of course yyour a Nirvana fan, in which case it is. I would definetly buy this album again because unlike previous Nirvana albums the non single songs are really addictive and jsut as good as the single songs, I would strongly recommend this album if your a fan of grunge and indeed rock music, not an essential but a really good listen!