In Utero review by Nirvana

• Released: Sep 24, 2013
Nirvana: In Utero

This is Nirvana's last studio CD and it is their best to me. I've heard that everything done on this album is one take and they tried to get away from the sound of Nevermind and have a darker sound. It is one of those albums that you have to listen to because I have never heard of any other album that sounds like it.

Kurt Cobain did an excellent job on this album when it came to lyrics. He has said that they really don't have much meaning but to me they have a lot of meaning that I feel is missing in today's music. There is Rape Me which is an anti=rape song and Radio Freindly Unit Shifter which is about the media. Pretty much every song is amazing when it comes to lyrics. And Kurt seems to stay in tune with the mussic on all of the songs. 01. Serve the Servants: A song about his problems with his dad. (Two of the lines are "I tried hard to have a father but instead I had a dad) Amazing song, but some find it annoying. 8.5/10 02. Scentless Apprentance: Song about a book he read. The opening drums were awesome but the rest of the songs takes a while to get used to. 8/10 03. Heart Shaped Box: This is the song that tells you the rest of the album is amazing. Nothing else really needs to be said. 9.5/10 04. Rape Me: To many, very controversal song, to me, not really. Great song. 9/10 05. Frances Farmer Will Have Her Revenge on Seattle: Very long title, awesome song. Very powerful guitar and vocals in it and one of my favorites. 10/10 06. Dumb: Nice acoustic song that I listen to every time I feel down or if you feel dumb and seperate from the rest of the world. Just a perfect, beautiful song. 10/10 07. Very Ape: Not many people like this song but it is one of my favorite songs from In Utero. It's also very short at 1:56. Another powerful song. 9/10 08. Milk It: This was probably my second least favorite song on the album. The album seems to die down as soon as theis song starts but then you are suprised at the next two songs. 7.5/10 09. Pennyroyal Tea: Song about stomach problems. (I'm on warm milk, and laxitives, cherry flavored antiacids) 9/10 10. Radio Freindly Unit Shifter: Feedback with delay pedal and vibrato on 8th fret on the B and E strings will be a turn off for many as soon as they hear it but after just a few times, you kind of like it and the rest of the song (Especially Chorus and Bridge) is just amazingly powerful and angry. Probably in MY top ten Nirvana songs. 11/10 11. Tourette's: This was my least favorite song on the album but I think it is funny how NO ONE can understand what he is saying which I think he tried to do. 7.5/10 12. All Apologies: You've heard it, it's great. 9.5/10

If I lost it, I would buy it again and try to get an international copy so I could get the hidden track Gallons of Rubbing Alcohol Flow Through the Strip. I said all the songs on top and I did not hate anything at all. Amazing album. Buy it! (Have to waste