Incesticide review by Nirvana

• Released: Dec 14, 1992
Nirvana: Incesticide

It's Nirvana, so the sound is gonna be raw, and since these are b-sides, and a lot of earlier recordings, there is a very grungy sound, and less of the pop side of it. It's still on the Sub Pop label though, so it sounds a lot like their "Bleach" album than anything, but you still won't be disappointed.

The lyrics are excellent, Kurt Cobain is a genius when it comes to song writing, even if you can't understand what he's saying, you still know it has meaning. His singing style varies from song to song, from his clean voice ("(New Wave) Polly," "Been a Son"), to his more deeper almost growl ("Aneurysm," "Stain," "Dive") to his all out can't really describe and can't really tell what he's singing ("Beeswax," "Hairspray Queen"), all good one the less though.

This is in my mind one of there best albums, along with "Bleach," it is definitely worth buying, and if I lost it I would no doubt buy another copy. The way he uses his voice on this one really stands out, like in "Hairspray Queen" and "Beeswax," other tracks that are really good are "Dive," "Big Long Now" and "(New Wave) Polly." So if your any kind of Nirvana fan, I would definitely recommend buying this CD.