Incesticide review by Nirvana

• Released: Dec 14, 1992
Nirvana: Incesticide

I think it's the most homogeneous album of Nirvana, the track 1 (Dive) makes you think is Nevermind 2, except that if you are Nirvana fan only because slts, (I don't like that song but also doesn't like Teen Spirit too much) you will jump that song (sorry loosers). From track 2 (Sliver) to track 8 (New Wave Polly) you get pop-rock songs like Been A Son or Son Of A Gun, that are really hooky, it has 3 covers, Turnaround (Devo), Son Of A Gun and Molly's Lips (Vaselines) I think the purpose of that is to kept you listening until track 9 (Beeswax), after this comes my favorite part of the album(Beeswax included) Downer (many people say this one is Nirvana best song) Mexican Seafood (one more metal/punk song, good but not so much) Hairspray Queen (recorded on Bleach sessions I think, Novoselic says "oh we were so "new wave", Aero Zeppelin (this song was played on nirvana first public show in a party in'87, krist stiil doesn't know on whos house was) Big Long Now (my favorite Nirvana song, recorded in blech sessions too, long but cool) and the final track, Aneurysm (the better crafted song, and by far the best song of the album, I like the final chorus with 3 vocal tracks, sounds amazing and lets you a really new impression of Nirvana).

I'm going to be honest, it's a rarities and b-sides album, dont expect too much cause you gonna get really disappointed, I think the best lyrics are in Sliver, Big Long Now and Aneurysm (3 of 15, what is that).

I think is a bridge between Nevermind and In Utero, it's for all Nirvana fans, from the posers to the weirdos, you are not buying an studio record but you get that feeling, Big Long Now leaves a big fat mark on you, you will never forget, also is the first riff that I figure it out by myself, and I'm really proud of that, there are two things on it that I really hate, the anoying sound oin the beginning of son of a gun and as I say before I really don't like Dive.