Incesticide review by Nirvana

• Released: Dec 14, 1992
  • Reviewer's score: 4.7 Poor
Nirvana: Incesticide

This particular Nirvana album is different to the others. I was not impressed with this particular album however it's not to say that it isn't to some peoples tastes. This album was compiled of B-Sides and compilation tracks which had been left out from other albums (and I can see why).

The lyrics in most of the songs are quite boring and would not be my choice to listen to. However the new wave polly is a good track as it is a faster mix of the original Polly thus making it more entertaining and less sleep inducing. Kurt's vocals remain much the same as in previous albums and I can't really note him down on that.

This album, I'm my opinion, does not so much as even show a smattering of hope in comparison to other Nirvana albums. There are few songs I would personally sit and listen to but this however is down to personal preferance. If this album were stolen I would first ask why? Then I would just ignore the fact it had been stolen. I would not buy this album again I would most likely just get a friend to download it from the internet for me and burn a copy.

mousepad
    i love this album. raw and perfect. beeswax-"i got my diddly spayed/ i got a little tail". unbelievable taht is something kurt or syd barrett could have writte, no one else. everysong is great, except for polly, which is ok. 2nd fdavorite nirvana album behind bleach
    -spayed-
    MAN! u guys do not appreciate amazing songs enough! there is no bad song on this at all. LOve this album. FUCK YEAh!
    Iskandur
    Fuck the infidels, Incesticide is simply the more overtly punk-rock side of Nirvana, before they evolved into what would later be called "grunge". An excellent album.
    hey...i hate to say it...i mean i realy hate to say it...but this album sux...cause its more Punk Rock than Grunge...