Incesticide review by Nirvana

• Released: Dec 14, 1992
Nirvana: Incesticide

Well, to describe Nirvana's sound you'd probably think "pop sound, cool riffs, rythmic lyrics". Well, you can throw most of these things out the window. Nirvana sounds raw and heavy here. Only "Sliver" and "Been A Son" have that pop sound. Everything else is full of heavy, distirted riffs, much like some of the songs on "Bleach". They all consist o Mumbled or screamed lyrics from Cobain. The way I'm making this sound may imply that I don't like this cd, but it's the exact opposite. I love the dynamics of this cd! So different from "Nevermind", so good.

Man, where to start on this cd? Well, I could put it this way, the lyrics are sorta like "Nevermind"'s in the sense that they don't make sense. But the way their sung is different. Ofthen mumbled and quite low songs trn into insane screamfests. The opening track, "Dive", is much like this. Very hard to understand the verse. But when he screams the chorus, "Dive, Dive, Dive, Dive in ME!", it's pretty clear what he's shouting. Other songs are sung just plain weird, but it works. "Hairspray Queen" and "Mexican Seafood" are probably the weirdest ones. A ten for one of the greatest singers of all time.

Now, it's hard to compare a Nirvana album to "Nevermind" and "In Utero", but this is definetly 3rd on my list. To some "fans" (the guys who listened just because "Nevermind" was great) this was disappointment. But to me, and other true Nirvana fans, this album is pretty good. I love "Sliver", "Dive", "Anuerysm" and "Been A Son". Nothing bad on this album. Definetly a must for people who don't have "Nevermind", because it's something different. A very solid 9 for Kurt Cobain, Krist Novoselic and Dave Grohl.

Baz1211991
    that second review is abslout bullcrap, since is when is been a son unknown? It was on their greatest hits you idiot