Live At The Paramount [DVD] Review

artist: Nirvana date: 02/16/2012 category: compact discs
Nirvana: Live At The Paramount [DVD]
Released: Sep 27, 2011
"Live At The Paramount" is a live video by Nirvana released in 2011. It was released on DVD and Blu-ray Disc as part of the 20th anniversary of Nirvana's "Nevermind" album. It showcases a live performance at the Paramount Theatre in Seattle from October 31, 1991.
 Content: 7
 Production Quality: 8
 8.7
 9.4
review (1) 2 comments vote for this album:
Live At The Paramount [DVD] Reviewed by: RockstarAdam, on february 16, 2012

Sound: The band was very impressive throughout the entire concert. There is nothing major that I would have changed. Some of their songs sounded way better live than if you bought their album ("Drain You", "Breed"). While the sound was good, the only thing that annoyed me slightly was how Cobain would make his guitar squeal between nearly every song, although this wasn't really a bad thing. It kind of set the mood of the entire concert in the way that Nirvana is all about: making noise and not giving a damn who hates it. They had absolutely no problems with their equipment or vocals and they sounded great throughout. // 8

Overall Impression: When you compare "Live At The Paramount" to any other albums or live performances, it stands up there with the best of them. I personally found the "Go Go" dancers and the stage divers amusing. The most impressive thing on this DVD was the concert (because the DVD didn't offer anything else). If this DVD were stolen or lost (I mean, why wouldn't you steal it?), I would definitely buy a new copy ASAP because that performance was irreplaceable. // 9

Comments