Nevermind review by Nirvana

• Released: Sep 23, 1991
Nirvana: Nevermind

When Kurt and co recorded 'Nevermind', not only did they create a legendary album and inspire a generation of young punks, they created a new music style known as 'grunge'. This album shows 'Grunge' at it's best. It mixes the intensity of metal with the simplicity and excitement of punk. After years if listening - the songs never become dull. The wonderful guitar play by Cobain is given depth by Novesilic's bass, whilst Grohl pounds the drums louder than anyone I have ever heard. Truly classic.

There is no doubt about it, Cobain is the greatest songwriter in the last 20 years.He related to a generation of disgruntled youth through his lyrics. Classic lines like 'Here we are now entertain us' and 'and I swear that I don't have a gun' are fantastic. These lines define the early 90s generation and there music is still relevant today. The vocals sit perfectly on top of talented instrumental play. As Kurt screams out on our Stereos, we wish he was still around today.

This is one of the best albums that I have ever heard. It can sit along side 'Led Zeppellin' and 'Rolling Stones' on my mantlepiece and not look inferior. Songs like 'Teen Spirit' and 'Lithium' stand out because they are classics but no song is weak. Nirvana can write great acoustic pieces as well like 'Polly' and 'Something In The Way'. It is a classic album from a classic band. I urge any rock fan to buy it.