Nevermind review by Nirvana

• Released: Sep 24, 1991
Nirvana: Nevermind

The sound of Nevermind is a pure definition of alternative rock and it seemed that all Nirvana albums had their own sound like Bleach being grunge In Utero being of depressed alternative and Incesticide being a mixture of most of what Nirvana has to offer. These before mentioned albums are of course not the only albums made by Nirvana but the mainstream.

These are not my favorite lyrics on an album but that doesn't mean they are bad. Some of the best lyrics are from Come As You Are, Drain You, and Lounge Act. Yet the downsides are the infamous Smells Like Teen Spirit which was a song never written for an actual event or even much of a purpose.

01. Smells Like Teen Spirit - not a bad song but very much over played. It does work as a great anthem though 3/5. 02. in Bloom - this song is great and is one of my favorite Nirvana singles; it kind of reminds me of the great depression 4/5. 03. Come As You Are - a very artistic song from Nirvana, I think it goes along great with its water-like pedal effects to the nevermind cover 4/5. 04. Breed - this is a great moshing song although it never really changes lyrics in the whole song 3/5. 05. Lithium - reminds me of summer for some reason. Lithium is actually probably one of the most powerful songs on Nevermind 5/5. 06. Polly - this version of Polly is probably my least favorite because it doesnt really have the polly sound. Although Polly shouldnt be distorted (well unless its at the last part) it really doesn't sound that great on acoustic but on just clean guitar 2/5. 07. Territorial Pissings - this is yet another great song to mosh to, I also think this is the most punk rock song on Nevermind 3/5. 08. Drain You - my favorite song from Nirvana is drain you. This song gets stuck in my head every time I listen to it. The first verse lyrics are great but the second verse isnt as powerful. This song sounds better live and with its original solo but yet it is my favorite song 5/5. 09. Lounge Act - this is another favorite song from Nirvana and ironically it has the same story with it as Drain You did. It's a very catchy song (I've got this friend, you see) with a catchy bass line 5/5. 10. Stay Away - formally pay to play, this is a weak point to Nevermind. It kind of has the boring old rebellion against trends thing going on and just doesn't sound great 1/5. 11. On A Plain - I think this is Nevermind's pop song. Like Smells Like Teen Spirit it has confusing lyrics but sounds a little better 4/5. 12. Something In The Way - a very dark song from Nirvana yet it still is strong and artistic. It in a way sounds like Bambi Slaughter 4/5.