Nevermind review by Nirvana

• Released: Sep 23, 2011
Nirvana: Nevermind

Nevermind by Nirvana is definatly one of the best albums of all time. The loud grungy riffs, the catchy baselines of Krist Novoselic, and the powerful drumming of Dave Grohl who often broke the drums skins from pounding on it too hard. This is the album thatlaunched Nirvana and grunge into the mainstream. Kurt Cobain the lead vocalist/guitarist/songwriter was considered by many the voice of the generation after this album. Nevermind made a huge impact on music forever with this album. The allbum is grunge sounding which is basiclly Punk Rock mixed with Metal. Some songs on this album are also pop sounding also. The sound has the energy of punk rock. Many people remember where they were when they heard the opening riff to Smells Like Teen Spirit. It's just one of those songs that sweep a generation off its feet. The album was produced by Butch Vig of Garbage who has also produced albums for The Smashing Pumpkins. Kurt occasionly said the album sounded more of like a Motley Crue album than a Nirvana album. The album overall is different from what you have heard in the mainstream like hair metal and such. The album opened the doors for bands like Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, and Alice In Chains to become succesful in the mainstream. The album is a mix of punk rock, metal and pop. The sound of this album is very good.

The lyrics are very intellegent. Kurt Coabin is a very good songwriter. His raspy voice complimented the lyrics so well on this album. Kurt Cobain's screams send shivers down my spine you don't hear to many vocalists nowadays that sound like his voice did. The lyrics are about teenage angst, Kurt Coabin's life at the, and Kurt's girlfriend Toby Vali. The lyrics are different from those of hair metal bands whose lyrics were all about drinking beer, doing drugs, and getting girls. Insted Nirvana's lyrics were about how screwed up the world is and not everything in life is great. The lyrics are very unique on this album.

This is one of my favorite albums ever. It dosen't sound like any other bands. Impressive songs on this album in my opinian is every songs. Every song on this album is unique. I personally like everything about this album. Kurt's vocals are so unique, Krist's basslines are jsut so catchy and grab your attention and Dave's drumming is so full of energy. I would definatly buy this album again if I lost it. It is a great album. I strongly think everyone should listen to this album.