Nevermind review by Nirvana

• Released: Sep 24, 1991
Nirvana: Nevermind

This Nirvana's second album and it's awesome. As news-reporters called it "a ground-breaking movement in grunge" in '91-'92. As usual all of the songs are hardly bad. Some are so catchy you can't get them out of your head! Main thing:Songs are catchy. There is no story that I know of. Main music styles are grunge-pop and hard-rock. Some of the songs are kinda creepy because Kurt uses his soft voice a lot. Also if you skip through "Something In The Way" to 13:49 "Endless, Nameless" starts.

Overall impression of the lyrics are great. I think Kurt were still alive he'd still be writing lyrics for bands because he's just a great writer. He classified his lyrics as "A big pile of contradictions. I'll write a few sincere lines then I'll go back and make fun of them." That is so true. Compliance of the lyrics are awesome because some don't make sense but you know what he's saying anyways. Singer skills are great. Dave Ghrol of the Foo Fighters (was Nirvana) said "Kurt was a great singer. It sounds like he was boiling nails in his throat."

Overall impression on me is great. This is the first Nirvana album for me so I love it. This album does compare to other albums that they put out. All of the songs are impressive. "Endless, Nameless" gives me a headache. I absolutely love this album because it's Nirvana. My fav band! But that doesn't matter, I don't hate it at all. If you just now started to get into the grunge genre, buy this album. If this were lost/stolen from me I would probably buy this album again.

Baltic Ave.
    Finally bought this a week or two ago, I had it burned for me a looong time ago, I just wanted to see what was in the little pamphlet.
    Iskandur
    Their popular album. They knew they had to do this one according to the record company's rules, so that they could have total artistic freedom over later albums. A sacrifice worth In Utero.