Nevermind review by Nirvana

logo Ultimate Guitar
  • Released: Sep 23, 2011
  • Sound: 3
  • Lyrics: 8
  • Overall Impression: 10
  • Reviewer's score: 7 Good
  • Users' score: 9.1 (354 votes)
Nirvana: Nevermind
0

Sound — 3
This ground breaking album in the line of many is made up of distortion, acoustic, and an electric crunch that just can't be played be other bands. They used heavy bass lines and amazing bursts of guitar to put together an amazing album that reached billboard tops in the blink of an eye.

Lyrics — 8
The lyrics of the album seem to enter your head and make you think what were they doing when they thought of this song? This is one of the few bands that actually makes some (not a lot) sense of there lyrics. They made a huge impact on the whole world. Most of the time you couldn't sing some parts of the songs becuase of how Kurt Cobain would sing them. Kurt Cobain could sing amazingly well and pull it off. But he wouldn't pronounce the words as cleanly as he should have. As Kurt said in an interview; "I make two sincere verses and I have to make fun of them in my next". Kurt was an amazing artist and influence to everyone young and old.

Overall Impression — 10
This landmark in music history changed the overall perspective of what punk rock music is. But one song took the whole spot light of the album, the song Smells like teen spirit swept the nation and took no prisoners in its path. Many of the other songs on the album are just as known and played. For example Polly, Come as you are, and Lithium. This is one of the most amazing albums ever to be conceived. It perfectly blends Punk, Grungde, Rock, and Freedom to a perfect state and unleashes it. All of the songs are and were amazing. Almost every song can be listened to and not get old. RIP KURT COBAIN an amazing artist.

15 comments sorted by best / new / date

    g 4 11
    i love nirvana. some people are wipeouts. they are so stupid and are so idots. nirvana is awsome
    DrOcan
    British Josh wrote: alucardmik wrote: when you say crap like rolling stones said its good and its wrong you are being stupid! do you seriously think we are gonna take your judgement over rolling stone magazine? people who say anything is over rated are ignorant fools who think they are too good to enjoy music enjoyed by the masses. the thing is. you people bagging nirvana a Losers. your comming onto this page not to share your opinion on something but in an attempt to belittle others and make them feel down. people here like me looking at this review are just seeing how people would describe nirvanas greatness. so screw you! if the ideas of grunge is to sound bad... why does the reveiw right here for nevermind say 9?! clearly people like nirvana. and bagging people now we dont like you so if youve come here to bag nirvana piss of. your unwanted go back to your emo music. after reading rolling stones list of 100 greatest guitar players, and seeing that kurt cobain, jack white and johnny ramone were all ahead of Eddie Van Halen, i realized that that magazine is bullshit. they didn't even put Mike McCready or Stone Gossard of Pearl Jam on the list. for ramone, you needed to know more than 4 chords to make the list. for cobain, its self explanatory. he sucked ass at life in general. as for white, speaks for itself. by the way, this band, and album suck. with the exception of dave grohl of course.
    go **** yourself and shut up of course they are better than Van Halen because Van Halen is fast and technically superior but they were good at composing and they had something in them that made them famous. everybody has their opinions. nevermind rocks but in utero is better
    Grunge _hippie
    This Is THE BEST ALBUM EVER!!!definitly the best grunge album ever!!!Nirvana is the best band the world has ever known and will always be it is a great pity that kurt cobain died the bassist and drummer are also wery talented.every song in the album is great.What ever happened to grunge all there is now is pearl jam! even silverchair has gone to the dark side!
    sbauer187
    the fact that this album only got a 9 makes me wanna throw up in my mouth...probably the most influential album of the 90's...favorite song that hasnt been played a miliion times is lounge act
    Mental-lica
    Nevermind is a great album, one of the only albums that I like every single song on. My favorite is come as you are. Kurt Cobain has masterful writing and singing capabilities. Great drums, ok bass, but I wish Kurt would have added more guitar. Great album... gave it an 8. Oh and about EVH being the best... no... just no...
    Mental-lica
    British Josh is a major gaywad. Ok first of all Nirvana was the MOST influential band of the 90's voted by several websites and Kurt Cobain is a great guitarist and your obsessed with EVH
    Killa K
    I think the people who think that a man that kills himself and leaves his family to fend for themselves is not a man you should respect. Oh btw...didn't Rolling Stone have the guy from high schoolk musical on their front cover a few months back? Is that REALLY the sign of a rock magazine?
    wildchild6660
    British Josh wrote: iquitmyscene13 wrote: Haha. Nirvana's title as the "best grunge band ever" is just hysterical. Grunge in itself was a musical approach to sound as bad as possible. Kurt's lyrics were always predictable and there's nothing poetic about shooting up heroin religiously. I don't see why this guy has gone down in history books as a great when he did nothing of the sort. Dave Grohl was the best member, and the only reason is because he left Nirvana, cleaned up his life, and moved on to bigger and better things like the Foo Fighters, who play actual music. So I guess the title "best grunge band ever" fits, because that would imply they're the worst musicians to date. two words... THANK YOU!
    Fuck you, Cunts I wish this wasn't censored And i wish you could see me giving you the finger Nirvana Rocks And kurt is a god
    British Josh
    I'm in no way obsessed with EVH. I'm just saying that Kurts guitar skills were overrated and that he's not the best. Sure he make some pretty good riffs. Johnny Ramone did that also. But he isn't good either. After reading my other posts, I realize that I was acting rather pompous. But i just think Cobain isn't a great guitar player. A good lyricist but not guitar player.
    guitaluva15
    Haha. Nirvana's title as the "best grunge band ever" is just hysterical. Grunge in itself was a musical approach to sound as bad as possible. Kurt's lyrics were always predictable and there's nothing poetic about shooting up heroin religiously. I don't see why this guy has gone down in history books as a great when he did nothing of the sort. Dave Grohl was the best member, and the only reason is because he left Nirvana, cleaned up his life, and moved on to bigger and better things like the Foo Fighters, who play actual music. So I guess the title "best grunge band ever" fits, because that would imply they're the worst musicians to date. dude you suck you dont know shit ABOUT NIRVANA cobain WAS an artist and a tortured soul go buy in utero and ul see
    British Josh
    to DrOcan: shut the hell up. goddamn it. EVH reinvented what you could do. i bet john petrucci, steve vai and joe satriani would not be what they are today if not for van halen to sbauer187: this is not the most influential album of the 90's or even grunge. superunknown, dirt and ten were all more influential than this god awful piece of garbage. anyone says cobain was good at guitar should have their asses kicked
    British Josh
    alucardmik wrote: when you say crap like rolling stones said its good and its wrong you are being stupid! do you seriously think we are gonna take your judgement over rolling stone magazine? people who say anything is over rated are ignorant fools who think they are too good to enjoy music enjoyed by the masses. the thing is. you people bagging nirvana a Losers. your comming onto this page not to share your opinion on something but in an attempt to belittle others and make them feel down. people here like me looking at this review are just seeing how people would describe nirvanas greatness. so screw you! if the ideas of grunge is to sound bad... why does the reveiw right here for nevermind say 9?! clearly people like nirvana. and bagging people now we dont like you so if youve come here to bag nirvana piss of. your unwanted go back to your emo music.
    after reading rolling stones list of 100 greatest guitar players, and seeing that kurt cobain, jack white and johnny ramone were all ahead of Eddie Van Halen, i realized that that magazine is bullshit. they didn't even put Mike McCready or Stone Gossard of Pearl Jam on the list. for ramone, you needed to know more than 4 chords to make the list. for cobain, its self explanatory. he sucked ass at life in general. as for white, speaks for itself. by the way, this band, and album suck. with the exception of dave grohl of course.