Nevermind review by Nirvana

• Released: Sep 23, 1991
Nirvana: Nevermind

Nirvana did amazingly well, to start off with, for creating the genre Grunge and influencing so many young people. Even though Kurt Cobain wasn't the best guitarist or singer in the world, his songwriting talent provided teens with a music sensation to hit back at adults. There was good use of distortion and clean sounds, the drumming was varied, but the screaming in some songs put me off a bit, especially if you listen to it loudly.

As I said, Kurt Cobain's voice wasn't the best, but the lyrics got the message across, for example, Smells Like Teen Spirit and Breed. Polly had a strong message, that they got across very clearly if you listen to them. The lyrics aren't complex but it mixes well with the music.

Probably my least favourite of all the songs on Nevermind is Something In The Way, as the sound's slightly depressing. My favourites include... well, the rest of the album. I keep listening to certain songs though, like, Lithium, Breed, Lounge Act, Drain You. It I lost it or it got stolen, I would definitely buy it again, as I enjoy 11 songs out of 12.

HaloElite42
    bassplayer496 wrote: Well, I think Nirvana is the most overrated band of all time, and this is the most overrated album. When someone calls Kurt a great guitar player or vocalist, I just get angry. He just mumbles. I like bands like Soundgarden, Alice In Chains, and some pearl jam, but I can't even listen to this. And I hate how many of the riffs on here were snatched from pixies, and band that blows nirvana out of the water. This is usually considered the best album of the nineties, and that's bull****. Some of my favorite albums of the nineties are The downward spiral by nine inch nails, loveless by my bloody valentine (No they're not some crappy emo band) Superunknown by soundgarden, OK computer by radiohead, siamese dream by the smashing pumpkins. I think this is the most overrated album of all time, and if you want to assult me with the keyboard, go right ahead. Rolling stone magazine rated this as the 17th greatest album of all time and the best album of the nineties, and that's just wrong. Same with calling smells like teen spirit the best song of the last twenty five years, God what a mistake. Well, I'm done ranting, but this is very overrated with talentless singing and very mediocre lyrics. Listen to some pixies and you might hear some farmiliar sounding riffs. ~Love, Dallas~
    3 words "suck my cock"
    dranzen
    " If you're looking for meaningful lyrics don't buy this CD." dumbest thing ive heard all day
    stalefishtweak
    British Josh you are right about one thing.... To rank Kurt Cobain,Jack White and Johnny Ramone above Eddie Van Halen is like ranking me above Steve Vai..... Kurt was a good music composer no doubt and his solo's are decently phrased but putting him next to eddie va halen is a bit too much..... But you are wrong in saying this album sucks... nevermind may not have been technically brilliant... but it had the wow factor... the sound doesn't just go through one ear and out the other.... it stays inside....true in my opinion i still feel alice in chains and pearl jam are better bands and "ten" and "dirt" are better albums ... but to say this album sucks is wrong..... you can say" I ****ing hate this album" but you cant say it sucks coz opinions and tastes differ no one can be right about this.....
    kford09
    all though they were innovative in creating a new wave of music, grunge in itself was a waste of time it died out so fast, and i believe Nirvana should not be credited to be legends of music, theyre not musically talented in any way most of their songs have the same chemistry, the only band to really be creative with the "grunge" era was pearl jam and alice in chains.