Nirvana review by Nirvana

• Released: Oct 29, 2002
Nirvana: Nirvana

Nirvana was punk rock. Label it grunge or alt rock if you will, but the band itself, it's members were punk rock. The sound of this cd, as well as all Nirvana recordings, is more punk rock then any other grunge band. So if you like punk and grunge, but alot of grunge is alittle mellow or not aggressive enough for you, Nirvana may be your band. The CD sounds great, of course.

The lyrics in my opinion were always the fine point of Nirvana, and it, of course, shines through here. Shareing some of the most memorable and famous lines from all Nirvana cd's such as "Im Anemic Royalty" and "I think Im dumb, maybe just happy". The guitars arnt shred-gone-wild of course, very simple, emotionally played music. But not in the sense of emo. The vocals of course was not the greatest, but Kurt Cobains voice shines through and basically says "listen to me". If you don't like it it will grow on you.

The CD did not really compare to Nirvana's other cd's because it is a greatest hits type of deal. The most impressive songs to me are Heart Shaped Box and Dumb. I love the CD because it takes good music from differnt cd's and puts them together, I don't like it because it's just a rehash and you probably already have those songs if you like nirvana at all. I broke mine, and I havent replaced it. But thats because I have them all on other cd's, so personally if I lost it or broke it as I did I wouldnt replace it. It's only worth buying if you're a fanboy or you're just getting into nirvana, otherwise you've already heard all the songs on the CD. The only reason to buy it is for "You know you're right" but you can get that easily other ways.