Nirvana review by Nirvana

• Released: Oct 29, 2002
Nirvana: Nirvana

Overall I think that this CD is definatley one of the best sounding on my shelf the thick grunge sound makes this a must have for anyone. Even though this is just a mix from other albums it takes the best of Nirvana and mixes it together into one seriously good album.

I think that lyrics were probably not one of nirvana's strong points and after Smells Like Teen Spirit few people would (a mullato, alibino etc.) but some lyrics such as the lyrics to come as you are or even you know your right have a deeper meaning that what first comes across.

I think that overall this is a fantastic worthwhile album that first got me interested in Nirvana. I definatley think that this album would not have been complete without the grunge tones of Smells Like Teen Spirit and the more relaxed Dumb and I also think that the previously unrealeased You Know You're Right was one of the best songs on the album, however, I would have left off Where Did You Sleep Last Night, I thought it was very western and had a spooky sound to it. I think that their song serve the servants should have been included as it is one of their finest.