Nirvana review by Nirvana

• Released: Oct 29, 2002
Nirvana: Nirvana

This album is mainly most of this bands greatest hits. This is of their best albums. It has all remastered songs. If you listen most of the bass riffs in "Smells Like Teen Spirit", and "In Bloom" really stand out. The main story attached is Kurt, Krist, and Dave's last recording together, which was "You Know You're Right". Most of the songs are grunge and there is only one cover song "The Man Who Sold The World" originally by David Bowie. I think most people should buy this because I think Kurt, Dave, and Krist put a lot into it.

Overall lyrics are really well. There is really nothing funny on these lyrics on this album. Compliance of the lyrics are awesome and I wish Kurt was still alive so Nirvana could do another album so I could buy it. Singer skills are awesome because how Kurt holds and prenounces the word 'pain' in the "You Know You're Right," Really Scary man! Some songs like Pennyroyal Tea, About A Girl, and Rape Me, Kurt sounds really cool because it sounds like he's a completely a different Kurt.

This album really compares to there other albums because I think it is really just a tribute to them but nobody did a tribute (weird). I just love it because the album just sounds good, clean, and really good. I really don't hate it. If you hate it, you're just plain weird. If this CD were lost or stolen from me I would definetly buy this again because it's so cool I can't get enough. Maybe I should buy the whole Nirvana 'With The Lights Out' So I can listen to all the songs and give you all the albums.

Teen Spirit
    \m/ slayer \m/ wrote: the demo for rape me on the best of the box cd is amazing. dont know why they changed it. should have been a double disc
    well, i agree... they made it so simple it was almost a repetition of the same phrase. the demo is fantastic. getit if u don't!
    Teen Spirit
    Thom Yorke wrote: In the UK 'Where Did You Sleep Last Night?' is included too
    oh yea, they did... i don't know, maybe 'coz it is originally by leadbelly or someone like that.
    Iskandur
    I hate "greatest hits" or "best of" albums, and this one in particular. I love Nirvana, and removing a song from the context of its album kills it into nothing more than a pop music single of a song. This CD is only a compilation of the most popular Nirvana songs on the RADIO. People, go pick up Incesticide.
    RainbowGuitar42
    ^ I agree, This was the first Nirvana album I picked up (well its more of a compilation), and i liked it. I then picked up incesticide - ..... what a change! Its so much more grungier (if thats even a word). Although, all Nirvana is good Nirvana. Not bad song selections on this greatest hits CD. I would have preferred the original "All Apologies", no David Bowie cover song, Molly's Lips, Aneurysm, SChool and Probably something in the way. Correct me if im wrong, its what i woulda done. OK, finished
    guylikesnirvana