Outcesticide Vol 1 review by Nirvana

Nirvana: Outcesticide Vol 1

Outcesticide 1 (In Memory Of Kurt Cobain) is probably my favourite of the Outcesticide Cd's. Soundwise, like all the Outcesticide CD's, it's not particularly good quality as it's a bootleg. However I have the remastered version, which I have heard is better quality, so if you can, get the remastered version.

The lyrics, as normal with Nirvana, are excellent. From the political lyrics of Downer to the masturbation theme in spank thru, Kurt puts emotion into anything he is singing.

The Outcesticide discs are probably the best Nirvana bootlegs around. This is my particular favourite as it's got some great tracks such as Blandest, Opinion, Sappy and the brilliant Wiper's cover, Return Of The Rat. For any true Nirvana fan or anyone who liked the official releases. It also contains Krist Nevosolic and Courtney Love's Eulogies To Kurt, sniff. Make sure you don't buy the Kobra series (they are clones.) You shouldn't have trouble finding a copy of the Blue Moon Series on eBay. A breath of fresh air from SLTS and Come As You Are.

jimbo09
    never even heard of this, but it sounds really cool for a hardcore nirvana fan, which i am.
    mental_zer0
    That picture is of the fake outcesticide. Its the same as the original, but it was released by a different label. I have all 5 discs.
    Nirvana00125
    The box set can be bought from their website for pretty cheap. The sets are made by order though, so it probably takes a little longer to ship. You could probably find a few copies if you REALLY searched local records stores on the west coast or looked hard enough but the box set is prob the best deal.