Sliver: Best Of The Box review by Nirvana

• Released: Nov 1, 2005
  • Reviewer's score: 3 Poor
Nirvana: Sliver: Best Of The Box

RIP Nirvana. Ever since You Know You're Right graced airwaves, the crunch to get more unrealesed Nirvana tracks to the public has been on, and Sliver, sadly is just one step to far. Sliver has 3 new tracks to offer, one of which is even technically Nirvana, and the rest is filler added from last year's With The Lights Out compilation. Simply not enough. This is clearly a sad way of getting people to buy more. Usually I don't want anything to do with anyone's B-Side material but With The Lights Out was a must own, just based on the massive amount of content, but I have too many ways to say that Sliver is basically a waste of time, these tracks should have been put on iTunes or an EP, and Nirvana and its legacy should finally have a chance to rest.

It's Kurt, so call it pure talent or heroin fueled nonsense, put you've heard it already. To here his voice on some of these tracks just adds volumes to the track, in particular solo acoustic peices, but others comes out as just plain out noise.

I love Nirvana, so don't get me wrong, it is interesting to here some of these takes, but it's been done already. I hate the premise behind this whole CD, as it is just a big hole to throw your money into. If you need your fix a Nirvana, put in With The Lights Out, or better yet, put in Nevermind or In Utero, something Kurt intend for you to hear.