Sliver: Best Of The Box review by Nirvana

• Released: Nov 1, 2005
Nirvana: Sliver: Best Of The Box

Nirvana does it again by releasing 3 old previously un-realesed tracks. There may or may not be a story attached to this song. All I know about the story is the cover of tapes and Nirvana demos were chosen by Frances Bean Cobain (Kurt's Daughter).Most music styles are grunge and hard rock. Some songs are already recorded and in it's origanl state, no editing, such as "Oh the Guilt". Drummers switch between Dave Ghrol, Chad Channing, and Dale Crover (also Dale is on bass for 'Spank Thru'.) Songs dating back from '85-'93.

The lyrics are really funny if you just listen to them without listening.Kurt described his lyrics as "a pile of condratictions". He also said "I'll write a few sincere lines then I'll turn around and make fun of them all over". Compliance of all lyrics are really amazing because he has such a way with rhyming. If you play some songs backwards they are really creepy. All singer skills (Kurt & Dave) really are fairly well.

This album is definetly better than some of their other albums even though some of the song recorders are kind-of shaky sometimes you are like "What is he saying?" But anyways, all of the songs are great and should be put on your mp3 player if you have one. If this album were lost/stolen I would definetly buy it again because all of the songs are really great. Maybe I should buy some of the other Nirvana albums because I only have Sliver, Nevermind, and Nirvana.

E_squared
    I thought the CD was really cool. The acoustic "Sliver" had some extra verses in it. It was neat hearing them do "Heartbreaker" as well. My favorite tracks were "About a Girl," which was beautiful as a solo, and "Mrs. Butterworth", which just blew me away. I was sad it was never released on any of their albums.
    mental_zer0
    I borrowed it before I got WTLO from a friend and I really liked it. Now that I have WTLO (and hundreds of other rarities) i see it's pretty pointless. The 3 tracks are nice, but overall a waste of money.
    nirvanaisking92
    the low ratings are simply because all but three of the songs have been out before. it's just a money making gimmic