Unplugged In New York review by Nirvana

• Released: Nov 1, 1994
Nirvana: Unplugged In New York

This is yet another album showcasing the talent of Nirvana not only playing live but with out all the special effects distortion stuff. I love how Kurt did Penny royal tea on his own which gains a lot of respect from his fan's. This is almost like a tribute as it was very close to the time of Kurt's death and it is a really great album its another reminder of all the talent and potential Nirvana had. The usual Heavy-pop/Punk/Rock/Dirge style of music is played. I would like to say this I am a Nirvana/Kurt Cobain enthusiast but this really a great album and the second influential (Second to Nevermind) in my opinion. Overall this is another great classic Nirvana album worth the money for it.

The lyrics aren't changed at all and are always based on life experiences..mostly. I have always and will always rate Kurt Cobain has one of the greatest vocalists of his style of music. He is an amazing singer with amazing songwriting abilities. Thing that is awesome is that he can listen to piece music interpret and then modify to his own likings not a skill most people can do.

This a one of kind album Nirvana never did anything like it because it was a one off deal. The most impressive song for Kurt as an individual is penny royal tea as he does it on his own in a different tuning but as a band I would have to say lake of fire or all apologies. I love this album for its uniqueness and its great showcasing of the band's talent. The only thing I hate is that I lost it and haven't managed to find it.. ANYWHERE!!!. Seeing i have lost it yea I would buy it back and I am trying to but oh no we aren't going to sell a great album are we no because we are the warehouse where everyone gets a rip off... sorry got a bit angry. Overall this a fantastic album BUY IT!

christianonbass
    MTV's Unplugged was possibly the best thing about MTV ever. This show was the best Unplugged show on MTV. I was blown away.
    ironmaiden_98
    People keep mentioning Kurt's straining his vocals and how his singing was "ok", but i feel like it's his imperfections that make up his perfections, his vocals on this album blow me away, just like the rest of it.
    BrandonBeaux
    A Poe wrote: I bet jesus has a copy of nirvana unplugged in NY
    Kurt gave it to him as a gift when he got into heaven. Best acoustic CD of all time.
    swave75
    As time has gone by it's always the song he does with the Meat Puppets that sticks out for me. "Oh Me" is something very powerful lyrically. Though it is a mellow song...it's the words, the way he sings, and the music that just flows. RIP Kurt...