Unplugged In New York [DVD] review by Nirvana

• Released: Nov 20, 2007
  • Content: 10
  • Production Quality: 9
Nirvana: Unplugged In New York [DVD]

I'm a Nirvana fan for like 3 years or smth.As stupid this may sound I realy think I'm a "hardcore" fan. When I first heard about this DVD I thought "yay" and "urgh... another milking from the Nirvana name". But now I know that this is a real gift to the fans of Nirvana. Grunge band Nirvana which plays very rough and agresive does an acoustic set, which sounds amazing. The atmosphere is so intimate. It's so silent. You fell like you are there.

Content — 10
The DVD features absolutely uncut version of the concert (10/10), MTV broadcast version (don't see the point of it 7/10), the interview with MTV staff, audience members, Dave and Krist (no Kurt 10/10), and rehearself (100/10). I'm very satisfied with everything in this DVD. The uncut version lets you see very funny moments between songs. The interviews: you hear things that you never knew, interesting stuff. The rehearsel, no comments, you have to see it.

Production Quality — 9
The quality of the video is amazing. The sound is Dolby 5.1: you can hear every instrument and peep. The only thing that I'm disappointed is the subtitles. They aren't correct. For example you can clearly Dave sayng "what's next" but the subtitles say "well thanks". Then at some point the subtitles show only few words.

I compare this to Live Tonight Sold Out. Ok LTSO has more action but Unplugged is more calm and beautiful and I think that that's the way it should be. The most impresive thing is the uncut version. I have seen the gig at TV a few times but now I watch and I think wow MTV cuted a lot of great things. The only thing I hate is the quality of the subtitles. But you can just turn them off and there you go. I've got this for a christmas present and I absolutely love it. Don't worry this isnt just another milking of the name of Nirvana.

urkittenpoo
    You know what's funny...all these people are saying nirvana is over rated are wasting their time here just trying to act all cool. As the great Axl Rose said (watch Axl Rant/Welcome To The Jugnle on youtube and yes the video is misspelled jugnle) "It ain't about me bein' cool, it ain't about you bein' cool, but I think what we're all doin' tonight is pretty f**kin' cool. So if you came here to be a critical judgemental f**k, I guess that's your problem." Watch the entire rant, it's funny as f**k
    Martinni
    Dude please i need an anwser , in "Lake of fire" there are two guitars i just wanna know the description of the rastaman coloured one