With The Lights Out review by Nirvana

• Released: Nov 23, 2004
Nirvana: With The Lights Out

When I got With The Lights Out, I was a little bummed that it didn't have mostly released songs and stuff from their 3 main albums. But it's so much f--cking better this way! The sound is phenominal and I couldn't ask for more. The cool thing is that the 3 cds kinda go along with "Bleach," "Nevermind" and "In Utero" (i.e. the style and sound). There is an amazing collection or B-sides, outtakes, demos, live songs and rarities. A must for all Nirvana fans!

I can't even begin to wonder how Kurt Cobain wrote 100s of songs. His lyrics are so f--cking great and beyonds words that I can't even being to explain. Some good tracks to notice are "Even In His Youth," "Opinion," "Verse Chorus Verse," "Old Age," "Oh The Guilt," "Gallons Of Rubbing Alcohol Flowing Through The Strip," "Do Re Mi," "Sappy," and of course all the other great songs such as "Lithium," "Been A Son," "Sliver," "Polly," "Heart Shaped Box," etc. Oh, and Kurt has such a great voice on every song.

The drumming and bass and lyrics are phenominal. But I think the guitar is f--cking astonishing. Kurt Cobain had so many amazing riffs! Hes a genious! It also comes with a DVD of all unrealsed material, including the sub pop version of "In Bloom". The audio and video qualities are all exceptionlly great! Also includes a really cool full color booklet with rare pics and info about the band!