With The Lights Out review by Nirvana

• Released: Nov 23, 2004
Nirvana: With The Lights Out

Holy s--t. That's what I thought to myself when I saw the number of songs in the set, 80 songs, all unrealeased demos, acoustic, and radio performances. When I bought it, I thought that the sound wouldn't be too great, cuz they were really old, but it sounded awesome, kudos to the editing tech who revived the tapes. These songs, you probably won't find on the internet, so if you wanna listen to them, you gotta buy the box-set.

It's nirvana, you know what to expect.

When I saw the price, I was a little worried, 60 bucks, I could've chosen to buy 5-6 really good Bad Religion, Anti-flag, Ac/Dc, Black Sabbath, Green Day cds, but in the end, I decided to buy the box-set. I wasn't disappointed, not only did it have 3 cds, it also had a dvd, with some of Nirvana's first performances, and rehearsals. The unrealeased songs were just way to incredible, it was the best 60 bucks I ever spent. If someone stole this, I would buy a Britney Spears cd, hunt down the guy, beat the crap out of him with the cd, then make him listen to it, and then take his money and buy myself another box-set. It's that good.