With The Lights Out review by Nirvana

• Released: Nov 23, 2004
Nirvana: With The Lights Out

The sound is good but could of have been better. On some songs it's understandable that most of them were home demos and live but like on "Opinion" how the quality got crapy for awhile could they of fix that? Overall the sound quality is good.

Kurt Cobian is likely to be one of the last great songwriter (he's up there with Lennon/McCartney etc) he put his heart and soul in his songs. Which is missing in todays music)He was at a level of songwriteing that no one today can get too. We also here "Marigold" by Dave Grohl and the songwriteing style the world would soon fall in love with later.

Overall its worth the money but they left out great songs like "The Money Will Roll Right In," "Do You Love Me?" (Kiss cover) and the lost Fecal Matter tape. They should of put the studio versions of songs like "Even In His Youth" (SLTS single), I Hate Myself And Want To Die (Bevis And Butthead Experence) and Moist Vagina (HSB single), and do we really need two more versions of Polly? But we get a studio version of "Old Age," "Verse Chorus Verse," "Jesus Doesn't Want Me For A Sunbeam" and "Where Did You Sleep Last Night?" Anyway this box set is for the hardcore Nirvana fans not for the ones who only own Nevermind.