Everything In Time review by No Doubt

• Released: Oct 12, 2004
No Doubt: Everything In Time

This is No Doubt's B-sides, rarities, and remixes. This is a much slower-paced No Doubt album which is fine because they know how to write slower songs well. Like in all of No Doubt's music, the songs are mostly strong with the bass, guitar and the vocals. You could always hear the bass which is different in other music. It's a cool thing, usually in other bands, it's way too low in volume.

Gwen's vocals are superior probably because most of these B-Sides are from the Return of Saturn era. The ROS album had great lyrics. The lyrics are about the usual, relationships and other occurances that happen in Gwen's life. She sings very well in the slow songs and the "rock-hard" ones.

This is a great ND album, it's hard to rate them because they all have a different style. My favorite songs are "Big Distration" (drumming rocks), "Under Construction" (chorus rocks), "Full Circle," "Cellophane Boy," "Everything In Time" (both versions), "you're So Foxy" and "Oi To The World" which is such a fun song. It really connects with you. The last 2 songs which are both Rock Steady remixes are really bad mainly because they feature rappers. I'm happy they are at the end because I just turn it off after song 15 which is a cool "new" remix. The booklet is very informitive, it has lyrics and it discusses why they made the song and such. The enhanced feature includes the oi to the world video which is one of my favorites. If it were stolen (because I wouldn't lose it), I would buy it again. I highly recommend it!