Return Of Saturn review by No Doubt

• Released: Apr 11, 2000
No Doubt: Return Of Saturn

This was an awesome CD and it sounded wonderful too! The guitar riffs were really neat and challenging. Most of the cd is pretty slow and allt he songs are so wonderful and soothing. It sounded differnet compared to Tragic Kingdom. It was more rock and less ska. The most impressive part is the guitar. I loved it. Tom Dumont had awesome guitar parts.

The lyrics were really good, I didn't even know what have the words meant (hehe, kidding), of course these lyrics were on the slower songs. The lyrics aren't very specific but they are very deep and they really described Gwen's life at the time, she was just starting to date gavin rossdale and her life completely changed after tragic kingdom. The lyrics were awesome.

This album is really good compared to the other ND ones. I think it showed deeper feeling than tragic kingdom. I still like Tragic Kingdom more because it was faster, more energized and it was more ska but this record was an awesome follow up to a difficult record to follow up. Who would have that ND could have done another awesome record after TK. Thats what many bands lack, differnet music, another awesome album. My favorite songs were Simple Kind Of Life, Comforting Lie, New, Bathwater, Ex'girlfriend, Six Feet Under, and Marry Me. There was 1 song called staring problem that didn't seem to fit on the record but it was still a cool yet wierd song. This album is sooo worth buying, youll love it! If mine were stolen, I'd definetly but another one, no doubt!

Tele Echoes
    Is it a good album? Yes. Is it a ten out of ten? No! Tragic Kingdom is the only album released by No Doubt that deserves a 10. Beacon St. is a way better album than this as well, which doesn't deserve a 10 either. The reason it sounds so different from TK is because Eric Stefani, who wrote a lot of Tragic Kingdom, isn't in the band anymore by this time.