Return Of Saturn Review

artist: No Doubt date: 01/22/2005 category: compact discs
No Doubt: Return Of Saturn
Released: Apr 11, 2000
Genre: Rock
Styles: Adult Alternative Pop/Rock, Post-Grunge, Third Wave Ska Revival, Ska-Punk, Alternative Pop/Rock
It's melodic, but deceptively complex; it can seem frothy, but it's never frivolous.
 9.9
 9.7
review (1) 1 comment vote for this album:
Return Of Saturn Reviewed by: weezer713, on january 22, 2005

Sound: This was an awesome CD and it sounded wonderful too! The guitar riffs were really neat and challenging. Most of the cd is pretty slow and allt he songs are so wonderful and soothing. It sounded differnet compared to Tragic Kingdom. It was more rock and less ska. The most impressive part is the guitar. I loved it. Tom Dumont had awesome guitar parts. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics were really good, I didn't even know what have the words meant (hehe, kidding), of course these lyrics were on the slower songs. The lyrics aren't very specific but they are very deep and they really described Gwen's life at the time, she was just starting to date gavin rossdale and her life completely changed after tragic kingdom. The lyrics were awesome. // 10

Overall Impression: This album is really good compared to the other ND ones. I think it showed deeper feeling than tragic kingdom. I still like Tragic Kingdom more because it was faster, more energized and it was more ska but this record was an awesome follow up to a difficult record to follow up. Who would have that ND could have done another awesome record after TK. Thats what many bands lack, differnet music, another awesome album. My favorite songs were Simple Kind Of Life, Comforting Lie, New, Bathwater, Ex'girlfriend, Six Feet Under, and Marry Me. There was 1 song called staring problem that didn't seem to fit on the record but it was still a cool yet wierd song. This album is sooo worth buying, youll love it! If mine were stolen, I'd definetly but another one, no doubt! // 10

Comments