The Beacon Street Collection review by No Doubt

• Released: Jan 1, 1995
No Doubt: The Beacon Street Collection

Wow, this is basically the intro to Tragic Kingdom and the end of No Doubt's true ska roots yet they still have sokme ska in them, this is mostly the last of it. This album was great guitar work, bass work, trumpet, trom bone, percussion and vocal work. Everyone did a wonderful job working on this album. This is one of my favorite ND albums. One of the songs is with Bradley from Sublime, that one is one of my personal favorites (Total Hate '95), not all the songs are about love which is good. That is another reason ND is soo great. Although there are only 10 songs, the album is about 42 minutes. It is a great album for any ND or ska fan.

As always, Gwen sounds great! In my opinion her voice is better in this album than some of there others, (cough: rocksteady), the lyrics are really good, most of the lyrics everyone could relate too, some songs are about love, and the others are soo fun like Squeal, Doghouse, Total Hate, Greener Pastures and Snakes In The Basket. This a great album with great lyrics.

This album is one of ND's best. My favorite songs are Total Hate, Squeal, Stricken, Open The Gate, Blue In The Face, By The Way, and Grener Pastures. Although they are all great, those are mt faves. I love everything about it, even the cover. It is worth buying again if I lost it. In fact I made a copy of it so my original would not get scratched. Thats how much I love it! Rock on No Doubt. This is truly such a good record.

Tele Echoes
    First two and last two tracks are awesome, while the rest of the album seems a little boring.