Tragic Kingdom review by No Doubt

• Released: Oct 10, 1995
No Doubt: Tragic Kingdom

No Doubt's Tragic Kingdom CD was the first CD I ever bought. I believe I was seven when I got this CD. I decided to give it a listen again. The sound on this albulm is great. I wish No Doubt stuck to their ska roots later on in their career. Thats right the CD is not pop, but straight up ska. Tom Dumont does play the guitar good. He has some great riffs on this albulm. Plus Gwen's brother brings some uniqueness with the keyboards.

Why can't female singers write good lyrics today? Gwen Stefani should show them how to write cause I thought the lyrics she wrote were great. Not every song dealt with a guy but just normal topics and struggles. Gwen can sing really good.

Overall, Tragic Kingdom is No Doubt's best CD. It has some great songs on there that I liked. My top 5 were Spiderwebs, Excuse Me Mr., I'm Just A Girl, Sunday Morning, and Don't Speak. This was definitely in my opinion one of the best CDs of the '90s. If you like ska then you'll like this albulm.

bassplayer496
    This is my favorite no doubt album, except for maybe rock steady. My favorite non-single's the climb. ~Love, Dallas~
    kttunstallator3
    thee best song is "Don't Speak" hands down. no denying it, it's one of my top fav albums, truly diverse in genre and influence