Hard Rock Bottom Review

8.8
 9.5
review (1) 2 comments vote for this album:
Hard Rock Bottom Reviewed by: Depressed_poet, on july 18, 2003

Sound: The latest album from No Use For A Name: Hard Rock Bottom, is the best album yet (my opinion). Although I don't particularly like the way the CD begins, the singer with a little music in the background just singing slowly for a little over a minute, no hook, or anything to make you say "hey maybe this is worth a listen". but after the first track ends it takes you straight into the "good stuff". // 8

Overall Impression: When I first heard of these guys I was a bit skeptical, word from a friends friend, that these guys were really good. So one day I was in a record store and I saw one of their albums, I thought: hey why not, lets just buy it and check it out. At first I wasn't to thrilled. I decided to give it a chance and I began to notice the musical talent these guys had, they didn't use the typical punk progressions, and their riffs were a little different than anything I had heard. I started to love it. This album takes the band and knocks them up a level. From awesome circle pit songs to even a couple acoustic tracks. The album covers punk from end to end. If you are a punk fan or like the sound of No Use For A Name, I recomend that you pick up Hard Rock Bottom right away. // 8

Comments