Keep Them Confused Review

6.3
 6.7
review (1) 1 comment vote for this album:
Keep Them Confused Reviewed by: fmfualex, on july 08, 2009

Sound: The sound on this album is really good, Tony has improved on vocals and the guitars are much beefier and bigger. I'll do a breakdown of the songs. 01.Part Two: in my mind this is an awesome song, the outro is so damn catchy! It's a really cool pop/punk song, a good opener seeing as though its not the best on the album but still a good 3 or 4 star song. The drums are awesome throughout. 3.5/5 02.There Will Be Revenge: my favourite song on the album, everything about it is so damn catchy, the verse is awesome, the way that the guitars mix with the vocals. A pop/punk song at its best! 5/5 03.For Fiona: I really like this song, I don't know how they come up with their catchy melodies, Tony's vocals are brilliant! Keeping up the fast paced pop/punk! 4/5 04.Check For A Pulse: this is where they take a step into more of a punk song. The guitar solo is brilliant, great work from Dave. The drums pound from the first second right through to the last second at 2:36. I love the line 'We only stand if its safe to fall' 4/5 05.Divine Let Down: an album filler, a slow song, nothing really good about it to be honest, really good vocal work but a bit of an unneeded song, just light guitar's, drums and vocals. 1.5/5 06.Black Box: more of a modern pop/punk song, rather than the old school pop/punk sound they usually go for, a really good catchy song, but not one of their best, definately worth a listen though! 3/5 07.Bullets: looking at the song names before I listened to the album, I thought this one might be one of the best! Drums pounding through at an awesome fast pace, and reminds me of Check For A Pulse, just not quite as good! I still like it a lot though. 3.5/5 08.Failing Is Easier (Part Three): I don't know why they make songs like this, thirty odd seconds of sound effects until it goes into track 9. Giving the listener a break, its just a bit pointless 0/5 09.Apparition: a slower pop/punk song, not one of their best, maybe they wrote it as an album filler, just and OK song. 2/5 10.It's Tragic: really awesome guitar intro, bit of a disappointing verse and chorus though, i think they could have done a lot more with it, seems to me like they were maybe rushed to write it. 2/5 11.Killing Time: I really like the drums, the sound of the bass drums is really cool! A lot more catchy and more memorable than the last two tracks. Still not one of their best, but worthy of 3/5 12.Slowly Fading Fast: at this point, I'm kinda wanting something more than just a fast paced catchy pop/punk song, but again, thats what this is, i'm glad to say its one of their good ones but after listening to at 10 out of 12 songs sounding very similar the songs need something different to boost them. This is a good song to listen to if your have your iTunes on shuffle but just a bit boring after this far into the album. 3/5 13.Overdue: this is definately the best song to the end the album on. Slower paced and just with a feel that its good to end on. Nothing amazing though, just a good song. 3/5 // 6

Lyrics: The lyrics are basic Nufan lyrics, some political songs (There Will Be Revenge, Check For A Pulse, It's Tragic.) For Fiona is a good one for lyics, written for Tony's daughter Fiona. Part Two is written about Tony's partner and is really what you'd expect from a pop/punk. Nufan don't break ground with their lyrics, but they write good political lyrics that suit the songs they write. // 6

Overall Impression: Hearing this album for the first time, I was really impressed, the first few songs are al awesome, its just a shame that it fades towards the end. The songs just begin to sound too alike and they don't have enough variety. The best songs are definately 'There Will Be Revenge, For Fion and Check For A Pulse.' I love the catchyness and the way the band work with each other for the first half of the album, but the second half is really just a repeat that isn't half as good. They need more variety in their songs. I have 4 different Nufan albums, I'm not sure which one I like the most or least, as they are all very similiar albums. I don't think I'd get the album again if I lost it, but thats only because even if my computer died or something I know my friends have it. // 7

Comments