More Betterness! review by No Use for a Name

• Released: Oct 5, 1999
No Use for a Name: More Betterness!

No Use For A Name are a balls out punk band. "More betterness" sounds like lagwagon mixed with the descendents (which is always going to be something special). The sound quality and production cant be falted anywhere over the album. Tony Sly's voice is amazing and the songs come thick and fast. This is part of the problem. Some of the songs stand out alot more than others and alot of the songs sound similar to the song before it.

Tony Sly has a great way with words and often writes bitting, relevent and intelligent lyrics. Songs such as "Always Carrie" and "life-sized mirror" work there way into your head and wont go away for some time and "Why doesn't anybody like me?" is a loser anthem. The thing with NUFAN is that without there lyrics they would just be another punk band. But as long as they've got Tony Sly at the helm, they can do no wrong.

In my opinion, "Live in a dive" and "Hard Rock Bottom" are better than more betterness. But this is still a great album and certainly worth buying. My favourite songs are "Always Carrie", "Chasing Rainbows" and "Saddest song". If I lost this CD I would definitely buy it again, but I wouldn't rush to the shops to get it. If you like anything else on the fat wreck chords label (e.g. NOFX, Lagwagon) then you will love this.