I Heard They Suck Live review by NOFX

• Released: Aug 22, 1995
NOFX: I Heard They Suck Live

Some may say NOFX are raunchy, new age punk-rock followers, but over the past decades they have shown there qualities. Over all of Erik's and Hefe's fast melodic solo's, Mike's low end bass licks and humerous lyrics to Eric's groove drum beats and even their amazing live preformances they have come to be one of the cobblestone bands of punk rock. Some have quoted "NOFX is one of the only bands holding together the punk scene these days," and even "punk-rock kings of the decade." "I Heard They Suck Live" is a humerous live album where NOFX jokes around and talks with the crowd. They joke around, switch lyrics, change songs and point out mistakes. My personal opinion of this album is very high because of how much fun their having that you can just feel coming through the speakers or earphones of your CD player.

I thought the lyrics were funny, creative, fun and ambitious. I wasn't morally impressed by the skill of singing Fat Mike showed that night, but as he said, it would have been better if he was drunk. Mike used words and tunes and just stuck them into songs throughout the CD randomly like Linoleum, Together On The Sand and The Brews to name a few. Surprisingly, they worked like a charm.

This album doesn't even compare to other NOFX albums. On other albums you can expect either the good old hard/musical nofx or the humerous nofx, on this album you can expect both. I really liked the duet sort of thing with Fat Mike and El Hefe on Together On The Sand and Life O'Riley. I just love how much fun I sense while listening to this CD, it makes me feel so good, I would have to say, other than a couple licks, I hate nothing on this CD. If I lost this CD it would be my life long journey to find a new one.

Zell182
    NOFX are the only band that sounf better live than they do on their CDs in my opinion which is difficult for any band to do. A good example of this is 'the brews' it sucks on drublic but is the best song on this live album
    ExDeath
    I love NOFX because they have inteligent but immature song and album titles. They make fun of themselves and everyone else they don't make music to be popular or theyd sound like greenday they just make music and that is why they can have fun and sound good no matter what.