Maximum Rocknroll review by NOFX

• Reviewer's score: 5.3 Decent
NOFX: Maximum Rocknroll

This is their first album, with recordings done from '84-'88. The sound is alot heavier than in later albums, and with that, a bit more simplistic. It's very fast, has 22 tracks in 37 minutes, and symbolizes '84-'88 punk to a tee, be the fastest, loudest, shortest and stupidest you can possibly be. The sound is decent, but is lacking a few essentials.

It's very difficult to make out the lyrics, due to fat mike's very fuzzy and obnoxious vocals, which is good for the music, but overall, it's a terrible voice. Song titles like Drain Brammage, White Bread, Six Pack Girls, Cops N' Donuts say it all though, the lyrics of this cd are quite poor.

Overall, it's an entertaining, if not quick cd. It's also a collectors' item, because of it's rarity. I prefer early '90s NOFX to this, however, this set them up to what they are today. I love the blistering speed of this album, but I don't like the lack of lyrical ideas put toward it. If it was stolen, I would not buy another one, because it was quite expensive, and I do not listen to it very often anymore.